Whey Protein Isolate:
Whey protein isolates digest and absorb rapidly and are, gram for gram, the most refined and purest form of protein (90-98% pure protein).
- It is also a potent stimulator of muscle protein synthesis due to its ability to causes a rapid increase in amino acids found in the blood stream.
- This form of whey contains little to no lactose so it may be beneficial for individuals who experience GI problems. Also due to the refinement process whey isolate contains little fat, carbs, and milk sugars.
- A 2006 study conducted by Cribb et al. found recreational bodybuilders who supplemented with whey protein isolate in conjunction with a 10 week resistance training program achieved greater gains in lean mass, strength, and decreases in body fat compared to a placebo group.
Whey Protein Concentrate:
Whey protein concentrate is the most common form of whey, a byproduct formed when acid is added to milk.
- Whey protein concentrate is the closest to whole food compared to other forms of protein and is 75-85% pure protein after filtration.
- A growing body of evidence suggests that dairy protein, and whey in particular may: 1) stimulate the greatest rise in muscle protein synthesis, 2) result in greater muscle cross-sectional area when combined with chronic resistance training, and 3) at least in younger individuals, enhance exercise recovery.
Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Peptides:
Whey protein peptides are pre-digested proteins (broken down into amino acids).
- This breakdown leads to faster absorption by the body thus rapidly rebuilding and repairing muscles after a workout.
Fibersol-2 is a digestion-resistant maltodextrin soluble corn fiber that acts as a low-calorie bulking agent containing 90 percent dietary fiber.
- This patented form of fiber does not effect taste or viscosity and is completely digestion resistant.
- Fibersol-2 will also help aid in the digestion of the protein.
Protease and lactase help aid in food digestion and absorption.
- These ingredients (enzymes) may help those individuals who experience nausea, cramping, or bloating when consuming protein.
TRIPLE COMPLEX WHEY PROTEIN - Kodiak 3Whey™